Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pretty, Easy and Cheap 3 Beautiful Words for 3 Beautiful Pieces

Yesterday I started working on my living room artwork. Been pondering the idea of what I want to do with my 3 large canvases I bought a couple years ago for $6 a piece. Well instead of having them in the basement collecting dust I made my final decision on what I wanted. In my search for the perfect piece of artwork I found this great inspirational piece that I fell in love with and Craig loved it too.

So here is how I did my 3 pieces of Artwork.
 I first started by hanging all 3 pieces in sync on my wall in the basement, which I am currently doing plaster work on so I wasn't worried about nail holes. Secondly I applied 2 layers of standard wall primer. Thirdly we choose what colours we wanted to use. I choose to leave my background white and have the branches black and the birds green, that way it would tie in with the grey or monochromatic colour scheme we have going on upstairs. Fourthly I started by lightly penciling in the structure of the branches and flowers. Sorry the picture isn't that great but you get the idea.
 Step 5: I started with one colour, The black. until I reached the desired look I was going for. I paced myself and did it one step at a time because I knew something would happen and I'd mess up.

 These are the 2 main paint brushes I have used for my artwork. Also I used cheap acrylic or folk art paint from the dollar store or walmart. It's like 88 cents to a $1 a bottle of paint.
 And there you go, simple and cheap artwork that you can customize to any room and style you want. It's not perfect but I haven’t painted in years. I really like it but I do believe something is missing I've already added and made some changes to the picture where I thought needed. I just can’t place my finger on it. Maybe it will be fine when it’s upstairs. Now all I need is a couch to display all 3 pieces over.

Please let me know how you like it and give me any suggestions as to what might be missing.





No comments:

Post a Comment