Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cleaning House

Today started out sarcastically lovely, time change waking me up at 6am that was previously 5am with no heat. So until I could take care of the problem I started cleaning house. I cleaned the bathroom, our room, put laundry away cleaned the kitchen and living room, vacuumed and changed the garbage. Thank God I did because we had Tim and Jean at the house this morning to bring me 20amp fuses for the furnace and to check out the Furnace fan motor, which we couldn't locate. So tomorrow we call a heating technician to come clean and inspect our natural gas furnace. Then later on Craig's Nanny (grandma) and his uncle Ernie came to visit. So it’s been a mad dash 40 day. After receiving all this company I realized how disgusting our basement really is SO I had to start fixing it.

This is what it looked like previously;


And now it looks like this:

So I took down this headboard, not sure whats going to happen with it, I swept and vacuumed the whole floor.
I moved the vanity which is currently upside down and I found the kick plate for the bottom I'm not to sure if I should give it to habitat or garbage it because it's not that bad just dated. I also finished removing all the nails from the wood paneling pieces that were laying down there.
I've got a door to hang, a box full of trim and bags of extra bedding to go through. A cabinet to decide on and wires to ask Craig if they are garbage.
Here is my Garbage Pile (minus the plants) which means a huge dump run. I also have a pile of old cabinet doors that I took off my kitchen cupboards.
Old closet doors to donate


I feel as if I have made huge progress in the basement today it will be even better when the garbage is gone and I can start plaster and painting my basement commencing the birth of our rec room.

No comments:

Post a Comment