Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Look Into My Living Room

My mom is excited to see my living room artwork hung, so I did it today. So here is a look into my living room and I will discuss what my plans are for it. So here is the round about view of my open living room.


Yes we have a futon. We haven't been able to afford or agree on a new couch yet and I've been watching kijiji but just haven't found anything worth purchasing yet. Hopefully soon we will be able to purchase a couch, until then our futon and day bed work well for the 3 of us. I plan on removing those grey curtains as they are not the right length for the window and are a temporary fix for the evening sun that sets directly in the window. I want to get white curtains for spring/summer and use the grey fabric I bought that Jean (Craig's Mother) is surging for me for fall/winter curtains. They are a heavier fabric and more dramatic, so they would be perfect for the rich warmth of fall and winter decor. I would like to move my day bed to the basement for either the rec room or our future office space. The rocking chair might go in the rec room as well still undecided at this point in time but I will be keeping it as it was a gift when I was pregnant with Kane. To replace the daybed I would like to get 2 chairs for in front of the window. Similar to these please note the picture is one from my inspiration book so sorry for the glare.


I love when you put 2 chairs side by side and put 2 end tables on each end, instead of a table in the middle. I'm open to any style of chair just something comfortable with great shape and structure. I'd like to pull some more green into the room as well and plan on making Green accent pillows.

 I would also like to remove the black carpet, Craig purchased this lovely item. I was hesitant because I knew it would show everything and it does, not only go I have to get on my hands and knees to really scrub the rug with the vacuum, it seems like I have to do it twice a day. Craig and I were talking and we would both love a big chunky coffee table for our rather large living room. Because our living room is longer than wider and opens to the kitchen and dining room side we would both like a sectional but I think I would like a couch with the chaise lounge on the end. Something like this:

But not RED. maybe a deeper shade of grey
 This picture is pretty much what I'd want except with 2 chairs and different colours
 This couch is amazing, I love the colour and the shape. BEAUTIFUL

 Were the TV is now we would like to put in floor to ceiling bookcases to better organize and display stuff. I think I might also line the back of the bookcase with gorgeous wallpaper.
 This is the look out from the living room down the hallway and to the kitchen and dining room. We need to work on the kitchen still but we are slowly making things flow better. I will post later on what our plans are for the kitchen. Until then lets hope I can get the living room done soon. I can’t wait for Yard sale Season to start. Getting way too excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment