Monday, March 21, 2011

Treasures

Today I thought I would share with you some of my neat thrifty finds I have found lately. I like to shop at Salvation Army (which I call the Sally Anne), the Goodwill Store in Orillia and the Habitat for Humanity Restore building which is perfect because all the proceeds go to a good cause and I love nothing better than a great find. So here is my first piece:
I found this great white little vase at the Habitat for Humanity for $2.50. I just love this white glass so I had to purchase it because it's SO cute. It also matches my vintage inspired salt and pepper shakers from my grandmothers store.

 I found this really cute bunny pot at the Sally Anne, I paid $1 for it because it was a blue tag 50% off sale. Craig hated this item when I brought it home, his wonderful reply was "I hope you didn't pay for that." I think it's cute but only for Easter. I'm actually thinking about planting grass seed in it and using it as a great Easter decoration. Right now it has a 87 cent geranium in it that I purchased today at Walmart.
 I got this dish for $2.99 at Goodwill in Orillia. I just loved the shape of the glass and it's pretty small but very vintage.
 I love green glass, I got this piece at Sally Anne for $2 once again at a blue tag sale 50% off
 I got this tiny little pitcher for $1 at the Sally Anne too. It has a small chip out of the bottom of the handle but it's a perfect porcelain piece to fill with flowers.
This pitcher I got for $3 at the Sally Anne at the same blue tag sale, it's pretty big as you can see my coffee maker behind it. I'm not crazy about the flower print on the pitcher so I might paint it like Thrifty Decor Chick did to hers. http://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/2011/02/february-before-after-pretty-pitcher.html 
this is how hers looked before:
 And After:
BEAUTIFUL, I fell in love right away. Sadly later she wrote a blog post about how the pitcher had a crack in it and leaked all over her island all week. I will have to double check mine before I attempt to paint my pitcher. Everyone Definitely check out her blog she is SO thrifty. I love everything she has on her blog and shes always full of fun and creative thrifty ideas. As for me I will continue to post about my great finds that I add to my home. Just waiting for my next piece...

No comments:

Post a Comment