Friday, March 4, 2011

My Basement

Today was a pretty productive day in my basement, I got the second coat of plaster on in the first room and in the laundry room as well as I got the first coat of white paint on the trim and the basement interior door. So today I also started work around the central part of my basement that looks like this:

 The Christmas tree is put away so are the toys and the trampoline. That bed headboard that is mounted to the wall is going. The little cabinet is either going or will be put in the second bathroom. The closet doors leaning against the wall are going.
 The pile of wood paneling is either being used somewhere else or going in the garbage. The carpet roll will probably end up in the garbage too. The space is quiet large and would be perfect for a Rec/Tv room.
This vanity is going to the garbage because it's in pretty bad shape but the countertop sink will probably end up at the habitat for humanity restore building, it's still okay. The ladder needs to find a new home and lastly the furnace room needs a proper door hole cut and installed. So after I plaster and figure out what paint I would like I would like to turn it into this






The only thing I don’t want to do is drywall my basement ceiling and in fact I think it’s impossible with all the wiring and plumbing everywhere. We are thinking about a drop down tile ceiling, but I really don’t like the look, then I found pictures of painted basement ceilings which I think I love the look and price a lot better.


Once the weather gets nicer and we can get a trailer load to the dump, I'm going to start that area maybe by then I will have a couch for the space too.

No comments:

Post a Comment