Thursday, March 3, 2011

Guestroom

My laundry room/ craft room is coming along great. I have gotten 2 coats of paint on the wood paneling; I have my adhesive cork board up and the extra pieces of molding. I have the first coat of plaster on and my laundry organized. Since plastering takes soo long and I have other stuff to do, so I thought I would move forward and start planning my guest room. My sister Annie-Megan is coming to visit us for her week of holidays in May, so before she gets here I have 2 months to get that room together. I don't even know where to begin in the room. Previously the other owner had it as a nursery for there little boy but because Kane gets into everything and he learns quickly we did not feel comfortable putting him in that bedroom since it has patio doors. Right now the room is being used as the kitty litter room (which I will be moving down stairs) and its got our desk in it which is suppose to be where our laptop stays but who wants to be alone in a weird empty room with a queen sized bed and cat litter. Right now the room is painted a light blue, like tiffany blue, it’s overwhelming, I find, so I definitely want to paint it. I want my guest room to be inviting and relaxing, like you never want to leave but feel right at home.  So here are some inspirational rooms that I like not only for a guest room but some of these would work great for a master bedroom too.

 In this room I love the red walls with the white trim and the black and white bedding

 I absolutely love this picture, and it would work perfectly with my guest room because it's the same layout
 great D.I.Y headboard





I love this last one, masculine but feminine and soo comfy looking! Hopefully these supply some inspirations and I will keep everyone posted with more decisions I make for my own guest room.

No comments:

Post a Comment