Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Welcome to suburbia, the reveal


 I haven't posted any pictures of how our house looks from the outside. Frankly it was because I didn't have any pictures, but this morning since it is so beautiful out and we have less snow I thought what better to post about the exterior of our house. I also wanted pictures to start planning landscaping and curb appeal to our rather out dated home. Obviously we didn't purchase the home for the exterior look but OH MAN DO WE HAVE ALOT OF WORK TO DO!
So enjoy the pictures I will comment on them all and discuss plans we have throughout the photos and feel free to leave me your suggestions on what to do to the exterior.




Our front shutters need a good new coat of black paint, as well as I’d like to find a set of shutters for the window below to create balance. I'd also like to place a big green window planter box under the living room window. The front door I plan on painting green as I did to the interior side of the door. Id like to remove the screen door but Craig insists it has to stay which I hate a metal screen door on your front door. I'd rather see your main door painted in all its glory. We would also like to change our house numbers and update the light. Since our house is Grey brick, Grey siding, White trim, and the decks are brown. We would like to stay with grey, black, white and green. To unify the space.



 We also need to re-shingle the house this year.





This probably the best photo of the house. You get to see the side deck and sunroom too. I am definitely removing the cedar ball bushes from beside the tree and would like something more simplistic like this





Coming off the front cement slab is 5 uneven and not the same size patio slabs. I do believe they were poured there which I’d like to remove. Beside the edge of the driveway is this odd section of gravel, Id either like to fill this back in with grass or create a long pathway that runs down the length of the driveway.


 This is our side yard. We are planning on removing the gate as we have 2 sections we'd like to fix up the second gate to the backyard and remove the front gate to allow access we need to get the car in there. There are 2 great big planters there that I think I will repaint and use somewhere.


We have this great pile of bricks that we are not sure what we will do with yet.


This is our little fish pond in the backyard. We plan on redoing the rocks around it and fixing up the fountain. As well as removing any garbage or junk around it. Hopefully our fish have lived through the winter.


 We plan on removing this flower bed from around the tree as it cuts the backyard up and you'd have to walk all the way around it to get to the back deck.


 This is a look down into the ravine and the old dog house that is full or something, Craig thinks it's a outdoor canopy or tent.


 There is Kane in the side yard. We need to fix the grad up to the house on this side.


 A look at our back deck and pond.


A view of our backyard looking over to our neighbours Georgiana's.



Pond fountain close up. LOOKS HORRIBLE!


 I have 2 of these planters as well that I think I am going to paint black and place on the front step.


 3 views of the back patio deck. We plan on jacking this up to make it level as well as replacing the railing and probably painting it.



So there you have it our lovely suburban home that needs alot of cleaning up.

No comments:

Post a Comment