Friday, March 11, 2011

UPDATE RE: GUESTROOM

Craig and I finally decided on a guestroom inspiration and we choose this:
The best thing about this room is that we currently don't have to paint our guestroom because the blue matches pretty closely. Instead of doing black accents we choose to do brown.
 So here we go this is what I have done soo far:
I cleaned off the bed which had become a drop zone, that is why I needed to get this room done and organized. I removed the desk and all the extra clutter. I vacuumed and swiffered the floor.
Yesterday I bought these 2 brown curtains which are actually 2 Double Sized flat sheets that were $5 a piece. I also added my sticker to the wall that I had recently purchased at Dollarama for $1.50.
"DANCE LIKE NO ONE IS WATCHING"
How perfect! I love this saying and I dance crazy all the time even Kane has joined in.
We haven't decided on a headboard yet but I did love these Marilyn Monroe pictures that came from a calender I had also purchased at Dollarama at the beginning of the year for $1. I wanted to see what it would look like before I purchased frames or canvases. I thumb tact them to the wall as a temporary fix until we decide what we want.
We do still need some more things for our guestroom like; pillows, brown bedsheets, brown bedskirt, night stands, lamps, a dresser or wardrobe for all the extra blankets and sheets, as well as storage for our guests. I'd like to get a brown throw and a serving tray. We would also like to get a small bistro style chair and table set for the porch. So I will be keeping my eye open for good deals to complete this room.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Great Post! Don't forget that you have those two tall lamps at the house... they would look great in that style/design of room. Miss and Love You lots!
    Your Baby Sister <3

    ReplyDelete