Sunday, April 10, 2011

Reduce Reuse

I work at the Beer Store so I take pride in my work because everyday we buy back thousands of empties. Not just beer bottles but we also accept wine bottles, tetra wine cartons, and bag in the box bladders, plastic bottles and even tons of cardboard. We are constantly reducing and reusing tons of products a day which is nice to know it’s not just going into the land fill. I’m trying to do this at home as well. Today I have been bored out of my tree; we are having our second thunder storm today. It’s raining on and off too, so that means no outside work for me today but I can do something’s around the house.



Well we have been keeping the old closet doors in the basement and we were going to donate them but really who wants them. Craig said he wanted to take them apart and use the wood paneling in the center. I thought I would take one apart and try to make this great piece of artwork for my basement.




I still might make that artwork if I change my mind on my project today. I started by removing the metal frame from the wood paneling, it only took a couple swings of the hammer. Then I wiped them down and brought them upstairs. I tacked them to the wall with some small finishing nails.


I love the height of them. Not to crazy about the wood. I might paint them, or you could easily wallpaper them or add batting and upholster them. I have to wait to see if Craig likes the headboard or not. It will definitely look a lot better with some trim and some paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment