Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Felted Butterfly Shopping Bag

Earlier I had shown everyone I had bought these great Teal felt squares

Well here is what I have done with them:


I added some Pizazz to this plan tote bag I had bought at Dollarama for $1.50



 I loved the colour and fabric of this bag, but I especially loved the button closer on it. I thought I would decorate this bag up so its not your typical shopping tote bag.



I simple started cutting out different sizes of butterflies out of the felt. Then I began by placing them out on the bag in variegated like they are flying away. Then I simply came back and ran a strip of hot glue down the centre of the butterfly that way the wings would still lift and have some dimension. I thought about adding beads or glitter down the centre of the butterflies for a little more glitter but in the end decided to leave it the way it was. I couldn't resist I had to post a picture of my little shopper modeling my bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment