Saturday, April 2, 2011

Easter Egg Wreath Mirror

So, I don't have a lot of Easter decorations but I have had my Egg wreath on the front door since the end of February to encourage spring to come faster. So I made this pretty egg wreath mirror for $11.50 I'm sure you wouldn't be able to purchase it already made for that price. It’s loud and bright and colourful. Actually I'm not truly sure if I like it the way it is or not but you can use it as inspiration to create something great in your home. 



This is what you will need for this project:
1. A 12"x12" frame, I purchased mine at Dollarama for $2
2. A 12"x12" piece of mirror, I also purchased it at Dollarama for $2
3. 5 packages of plastic coloured eggs. $1 a bag at Dollarama
4. Ribbon for a bow and hanging strap. I purchased this ribbon at Wal-Mart for $2.50
5. Hot glue gun and a couple glue sticks




 This is a picture of the mirror piece and the scrap booking frame I purchased.


 I removed the glass piece, the paper advertisement and the cardboard from the frame and then added the mirror.


Then I began by gluing an egg to the frame surface. Then I continued alternating colours and rotating the eggs. I also dabbed some glue between eggs the touched for stronger adhesion until the whole frame was covered the way I wanted. The glue doesn't take long to adhere but remember it does need some dry time. You could also use other eggs or pre-painted eggs for this project.


 Then I cut a piece of ribbon at my desired length to hang the mirror. Please note I attached the ribbon to the top of the frame, the frame was sideways from me hot gluing the ribbon on. Also please allow time for hot glue to dry before trying to pick mirror up by ribbon. I let mine sit until the glue was completely cold and hard to touch. Then using a twist tie I created this bow to attach to the ribbon already used to hang the mirror.

There you go, Simple funky Easter decor for $11.50. This project could be used in SO many ways. I also thought about leaving the ribbon off and placing this mirror wreath on the table with candles, great reflective light perfect for a centre piece for Easter dinner. Use your imagination and personalize this project or even apply it to any occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment