Friday, April 8, 2011

Freshening Up for Spring & Summer



Today I decided to blog about ways I freshened up the house for spring & summer as well as great finds I have gotten lately.
First of all I finally got my Curtains I wanted. I just wanted plain white ones and really it’s hard to find plain nice ones. So I bought 2 twin flat sheets for $8 and 2 double flat sheets $12. The 2 twin I used on the dining room window as it is smaller and the 2 doubles I used on the front living room window. I choose to make them both the same to unify the space, because everything is very open on our main floor. I find it adds a finishing touch to the room.



 I also have an old pitcher with tulips on the table. How pretty, but they aren't open yet.




Also I put new pillow covers on the cushions in the living room, Green, Teal and a soft Cream colour. I got each of these cushion covers at Dollarama for $2 a pc. I kept the other pillow covers for fall & winter and I will also be relocating the other grey curtains to the basement.




I got these 2 great tables this morning at the habitat restore building for $3 a piece. They fit perfectly in the guest room as night stands. I haven't decided what to paint them yet but $3 is a great find.




I also got this great chair at the habitat restore building for $15. It needs to be recovered but that's a task I am willing to take on. I think I will paint the great frame on this chair but I am sure I will keep you posted with my plans for both the tables and the chair.




Craig's Mom also gave me this great chandelier. I need to rewire the top part and get new chain if I want to hang it lower. Jean has already replaced the tiger’s eye stones with these great blue ones but I am still not sure what my plans are for this great chandelier.

No comments:

Post a Comment