Tuesday, February 1, 2011

UPDATE RE: BATHROOM AND ENTRANCE

 I haven't been posting as much but with work and Craig has been on nights this week, redoing our bathroom and fixing the entrance and everything else in our lives its been hard to post everyday. But I have been busy and do have alot to blog about today. So here they are

The Entrance:
First we removed all the wood panelling in the entrance and plastered the wall. Then we painted the walls Zeppelin Grey like the rest of the main living space. I found this great striped 3'x4' rug at walmart for $10 it fits the space perfectly. I bought the chair in the entrance for $5 at the Salvation Army Thrift Store which has the perfect stain on it, I won't be changing it one bit. The mirror I had originally purchased for the bathroom. It was on sale for $39.00 at walmart and the sizing on the back says its a 30"x40" mirror which would have been perfect for the bathroom but, that's not including the moulding on the mirror, so it is way too large for bathroom. Everything in proportion right. The art work I hung in the entrance I will discuss in my next blog. But it definitely adds the right amount of colour to my monochromatic home. While painting the entrance we took down the curtains and well they never went back up, the whole space looks more open, bright and inviting now.



 We do still need to do some work, like changing the light fixture, put up baseboard moulding and painting all the trim white and the stair railing black and to paint the risers white and the stair steps black. Which would be better to do in the spring time or summer when there is now snow and we can use the side entrance to the house.

Bathroom:
So in the bathroom we replaced the toilet, the vanity & taps, we replaced the flooring and painted the bathroom. For the walls we chose Buck White its a creamy white kitchen and bath paint and it is way better than the Tiffany blue we had all over the bathroom.  For Christmas Craig's parents bought us a new toilet, we also received gift cards for home depot from our other family members. So with the gift cards we bought new vinyl flooring for the bathroom. Our vanity we purchased at the Habitat for Humanity Restore building which I love. We got the vanity and sink together for $25 and we bought a new set of taps at walmart for $29.99 Pretty cheap bathroom Reno. We do however need to replace the tub surround, replace the light fixture (which I do have already) and find a mirror that fits the space better. For right now we are using a door mirror that I got for $4 at giant tiger. We are also lacking artwork in the bathroom, I do have 2 shelves I want put up above the toilet, but I'm waiting on Craig to help me.






Both rooms aren't quite perfect but they are getting alot better than they were

No comments:

Post a Comment