Friday, January 28, 2011

Birthday Presents for my Mommy

So my moms 50th birthday is coming up. She loves Queen Anne Chocolate Covered Cherries and of course everyone gets her some, so I wanted to get her something different. Well just so happened I was at walmart and they have all their valentine presents out. Amongst all the stuff I found a display of Hershey Kisses chocolates, my favorite are the kisses hugs and as I was looking for some for me, when I found a limited edition CORDIAL CHERRY KISSES. I just new she would freak when she saw them so I bought her a bag. Later on that day I was at the Bulk Barn getting some valentine candies for cupcakes when I came across Jumbo Chocolate covered Cherries and I'm not kidding when I say jumbo. These things are like 2 inches around! Well keeping with the cherry theme I bought her some of those too, except who wants to give a gift of chocolates in a bulk barn bag so I needed to come up with something else thats when I got this bright idea.
 








Thats right Mason jars. My mom loves mason jars she even collects the older ones. The best thing is its reusable and they keep everything fresh. I wanted to jazz them up a bit so I had previously bought a new pad of scrapbook paper for another project I'm working on (which I will post about later). Inside this great cardstock scrapbooking paper pad was an assortment of tags for gifts, cards, recipe cards and you name it. Here is a look at it







Anyways, so I took a piece of border and wrapped it around the centre of the mason jar and secured it with scotch tape. Then I picked a tag I liked that matched with the border and labeled it with what was in the jars.
 I got so carried away with labeling the mason jars, I labeled jars in my pantry and my jars on my kitchen counter. They are perfect........................SIMPLE, FUN and FANTASTIC.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a simple yet classy way to dress your pantry up! I love it!

    ReplyDelete