Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sweets for my Valentine

If anyone knows my Craig you know the way to his heart is through food. This year I didn't decorate for valentines but I did do some baking. A few weeks ago I made 72 cupcakes and Craig took 40 of them to work. Out of 14 guys they ate 38 of my cupcakes which is awesome but they did get branded LOVE MUFFINS and guys I are still asking about them. Well for my valentine Craig I made him this.....

PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE


 I've had this recipe for a long time but never made it, so I tried it in advance to valentines day
and it's awesome.......
so heres the recipe

1/2 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups crunchy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar

1. Melt butter in a medium size saucepan on medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and milk. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in crunchy peanut butter and vanilla. Pour over confectioner sugar in a large bowl, beat until smooth. Pour in a 8"x8" pan. Chill until firm and cut into squares.


So simple and delicious,
next time I make this fudge I might try it in a bigger dish so fudge is more shallow. Also I might try drizzling it in milk chocolate. It would be amazing rolled into balls and dipped into chocolate too.
So many great way to make treats for someone you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment