Monday, November 21, 2011

A Wreath Replacement

I found this amazing swag picture online while i was looking for Christmas inspiration. I fell in love but i wasn't quiet sure if id ever make a swag because boy do i love wreaths id make a new one for every week if i could, but then i might be a little decor crazy.  Usually my wreath on the front door is the first thing i put up this year, but i just couldn't decide this year so i decided lets try the swag.
I love the fresh cedar with the Christmas balls and the great Chartreuse ribbon on this swag. So i tried to re-create this swag in my own way.
First i started out by picking the ornaments i wanted to use on my swag. Then i added this simple green ribbon by hot gluing it on


My next step was to lay out the cedar branches in the desired shape i was looking for. Then i fastened all the branches together with thick twin i had purchased at the Dollarama for $2 a roll. Then i started to hang my ornaments in a alternating order so they hung nice, Then on top of that i added smaller cedar branches. Then i tied them together with twine and continued to wrap the twin to cover all the branch ends for a cleaner look. Then my sister suggested using brown ribbon for my front door as it is already chartreuse. So i found some ribbon that was kicking around and added it to the top completing my swag


I think it turned out to be a nice alternative to a wreath this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment