Sunday, November 20, 2011

Mommys at play or is it Cats Play

I think that my cat, Muggins, is having more fun playing with my Christmas decorations than I am decorating. This cat won't leave my tree alone or anything that has ribbon. He is such a pretty cat and he can be lovable to me sometimes. I snapped this photo the other day when we woke up to 2 feet of fresh white snow, a true winter wonderland. As for my decorations I got some more up today so here's what I have been busy doing today.

 Down my stair railing I hung this faux garland I had bought at Canadian Tire for $9.99 that has berries and pine cones mixed into it. I decided to swag my garland down the railing that way the top is still accessible to those who need it for extra support. Then I hung these great white wicker stars I bought at the Dollarama for $2 and tied it off with a green bow. The bows I made from ribbon I bought at Walmart for $1.50 and fastened with a garbage bag twist tie. I also stuck these glitter sprigs of faux sparkly green pine into the garland for a little something extra.
 I also carried the same theme up and along the top of my entrance way opening that looks into the dining room to create balance in my entrance.

I also hung my Green Glittery Happy Holidays sign right beside my mirror in the entrance so everyone sees this welcoming greeting.
 In my Living room I hung these 2 great wooden wreaths beside my artwork above the couch. The wreaths I purchased at Dollarama for $2 and the glittery silver ribbon I bought last year that I used on my tree. I simply folded the ribbon to have a neat edge then hung them by placing a silver thumb tac in the center.



 Above my stove I hung this great shelf I had purchased at Giant Tiger for $10. The little snow men, Santa and tree are salt and pepper shakers I had purchased at Dollarama for $2 a set. The owl I had purchased at the Sally Anne for $1.50 and it was previously silver, black and grey. I used simple folk art paint or Acrylic paint and put 3 coats of leaf green on it. In behind is a sign I bought at Dollarama last year for $1 and it Says Snow and creates a good background. Above the shelf is the mirror I  purchased when my sister was visiting. We went to the Habitat Restore building and found it for $15. It use to be cream and gold but I decided to paint it glossy white to freshen it up. Today I think I have done enough decorating I have been up since 5am this morning and already organized my bookmarks list and my pictures folder on the computer. Kane and I are gonna bake a spice cake together and then possibly have a nap...... or maybe mommy will have a kahlua mocha coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment