Thursday, November 24, 2011

Christmas Birds

Sorry about the tiny picture but its all i could find
I don't know if everyone has seen these great German Bird Vase Fillers from Pottery Barn but boy do i think they are awesome. So it left me Inspired to create a similar version of my own since these birds are no longer available for purchase. These birds at pottery barn are covered in German glitter that develops a natural rich patina over time. They sound amazing but i don't know where you'd by German glitter here in muskoka. SO I went to Dollarama instead.


I made silver ones
I made Chartreuse ones
I made Gold ones and i could make some of every colour
I bought 2 different types of birds from Dollarama they were $1 for 2 birds, I bought 10 packs so i have 20 birds to do
I like the little red birds the best, they are pretty cute, i could use them for something else. But in this case i completely covered them in normal white craft glue. I went around the eyes and beak though. Then i picked out what colour glitter i wanted and dosed them. I also did this one top of news paper so i could funnel the extra glitter back into the bottle or packet. Be prepared to have glitter everywhere when you do this project i know I'm still cleaning up glitter.

Here's the glue and colours of glitter i choose to do my birds in. I went with more earth gold tones and of coarse chartreuse. I think you can be creative and they would look good in any colour.   
Now what am i gonna do with these birds?

No comments:

Post a Comment