Saturday, January 8, 2011

Our Master Bedroom

This is our Master Bedroom before I got my hands on it, for awhile we just slept in our guest room until we knew what to do in our room. The walls were this horrible minty green, it reminded me of those pastel mints at Christmas time, there was no unity and the room is quite small. The ceiling fan is outdated and the previous homeowner painted the blades lime green, then painted one coat of white over it. Everything painted in this house by the previous owner was always one coat, so paint is necessary all over the house. The closet doors were out dated and exhausting to try to open. In the first photo is our real estate agent Wendy Webb, she was amazing and definitely listened to what our needs were, so if you are in Muskoka and you need a real estate agent I'd go with her. I took these pictures on the day of our home inspection that way I could start planning what I wanted to do to my house.

BEFORE:




AFTER:



The first thing you might notice is the colour palette. I chose a rich paint colour called Authentic Brown, it cost me $24 at Canadian tire, and did it ever cover well. I only needed to do 2 coats on the walls. I paired the brown with white and turquoise. The night stands, which we had previously owned and are mismatched, I painted with a little pint (825ml) of Calm Sea. Which was a mistint that I got for $5 at Canadian Tire. Makes for a nice contrast against the brown walls and the dark headboard. The matching lamps I bought as a set for $15 at Giant Tiger. I don't know anyone who doesn't love the great GT Boutique. The no sew curtains I put up are simply 2 Double sized white 200 thread count sheets that I purchased at Walmart for $12 a piece. Now comes the bed spread, you will not believe this! Last week we went to Orillia which is 20 minutes down hwy #11 from us and we got this bed in a bag for $20 at Zellers. Thats right! They were having a 70% off sale on all bedding. The bed in a bag came with the comforter, a bedskirt, 2 shames and 4 accent pillows. All I needed to purchase extra was sheets. I found this great set of chocolate brown sheets for $19.97 at Zellers. So I did this room for $120 thats including the hardware I had to buy. I still have yet to change the ceiling fan and add curtains over our closet but over all this is my cheap place of luxury that I love waking up in.

No comments:

Post a Comment