Wednesday, January 19, 2011

2 Work in Process Rooms

Lately we have been working on the entrance to our home and the bathroom. It seems to be taking forever but I keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end. Here is some pics of them before.
The Entrance:



In the entrance I would like to do the following:
  1. Remove the wood paneling
  2. Replace the light fixture
  3. Paint it to match the living room, dining room and kitchen.
  4. I'd like to paint the risers, all the trim on the stairs white and the steps and railing black (we would like to replace the railing but its not in the budget right now)
  5. Replace the front door, and the window above
  6. Add a big mirror
  7. Find artwork for the biggest wall
The Bathroom:



In the Bathroom we would like to replace:
  1. The flooring
  2. The vanity
  3. The lighting
  4. The tub surround
  5. The glass sliding doors
  6. The window
  7. The mirror
  8. Paint the bathroom a bright welcoming colour
  9. Paint the shelving behind the door
  10. Replace the accessories ex. towel bars and toilet paper dispenser, with something more updated

So now that we have started the bathroom and entrance this is what they currently look like
 I have removed all the wood paneling and have the first coat of plaster on. I am waiting to patch the hole in the wall where the door handle had previously gone through. I am guessing that is why they put wood paneling up there.


 I have found this great rug for the front entrance. I paid $10 for it at Walmart and its 3' x 4' perfect for the space and matches the rest of the house colours.
 The bathroom has had all the wood paneling removed, 3 coats of plaster and one coat of White Buck paint. We still have to use this space for our daily rituals so its not getting done as fast as we would have liked. We do have our new toilet, vanity and flooring waiting to be installed

I chose to paint the shelving black and add my set of 3 wicker baskets and of course Kane's bath toy basket.


 I bought this mirror from my mom and dads neighbour when she was having a yard sale. I paid $25 for it. It use to be gold, but I spray painted it out in a high gloss black. I am either thinking about placing it on my front entrance wall where the previous owners paddle coat rack hung or placing it above the vanity in the bathroom. I am still undecided but I'm sure once our projects move ahead, it will find its home.

No comments:

Post a Comment