Tuesday, January 11, 2011

MY $6 CURTAIN PANELS

My entrance way is quite large and rather open. Above the front door is a window, which the previous owner was kind enough to leave her curtains, but I never did like the shiers she chose for up there. So I was debating on what I wanted up there or even if I wanted anything. The picture below shows you my entrance, I haven't finished it. but I have removed the wood paneling of the wall so far. As you can tell the shiers are a little to country ruffly for me. So I just happened to be at Giant tiger when they had these great embossed black shier curtain panels that were 96" long. Too long for what I needed but they were perfect, so I cut them down to size.

 And here they are now. Just what it needed, still allows the light to come in but is updated and definitely my style. Not only did I get these great curtains, I had enough fabric left over to make a curtain for my bathroom and for the door in my kitchen.
 Also I made these two great pieces of artwork with $2 frames from the Dollarama and white card stock. I taped the fabric over the white card stock I had in my craft cart and put them back inside the frame. Perfect artwork for my bathroom. How sharp!

No comments:

Post a Comment