Monday, September 26, 2011

Adding A Little Fall Warmth

I've been trying to add at little more fall decorations around the house. I got my cinnamon apple, pumpkin caramel, cinnamon bun and pumpkin pie candles out. I have purchased a brown table runner for my table and placed my cake plate with fall garland and candles on the table. I also started a little area on my other counter top in the kitchen i don't use, but it still didn't have that full fall feel i was looking for. So here is what i started with.........
My apothecary that i purchased for $6 that came with rocks and a faux orchid flower which i simply removed and left the rocks. My 2 glass cylinder candle or flower vases for $4 each.
The pumpkin, gourd and fall garland strand i purchased for $2 each at Dollarama.


Here's what it looks like now.........





 First i purchased a round dark brown place mat for $1 at Dollarama and placed the apothecary and the 2 glass cylinders on it. Then In one of the glass cylinders i added cinnamon scented pine cones that i purchased a bag of them for $1. In the next glass cylinder i purchased 2 bags of river rocks at the dollar store for $2 a bag. I placed some of the rivers rocks in the apothecary jar and some in the glass cylinder then i added a plane white candle i had purchased for $2.99 at the Independent Grocery Store. I also purchased 2 bundles of Indian corn from Sobeys grocery store for $2.99 a bag. The 2 big Cinnamon Bun candles i purchased at Giant Tiger for $3.97.
All of this stuff i can use again next year and the Apothecary and glass cylinders can be used for any occasion. Its also something great for fall, Halloween and Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment