Saturday, October 22, 2011

Going Batty

When i started getting excited to decorate for Halloween i first of all had to watch my favorite Halloween movie, Hocus Pocus with Bette Midler and Sarah Jessica Parker to get more inspiration. Then i searched online for awesome exterior Halloween ideas. I'm not into the blood and Gorey Halloween decorations i like more simplistic. That's when i came across this picture of the bats on the front door. Which i fell in love with but wasn't sure if it was gonna work on my front door.
 But of course i had to try. So here's how i started:
I first purchased 4 sheets of black bristol board at dollarama 2 for $1
then i printed out this bat stencil http://painting.about.com/od/freestencils/ss/stencil_hallown.htm
Then i simply made 4 different sizes of bats and made 20 copies of each size of bat.

I then added double sided sticky tape to the backs of each bat. This project was very time consuming but well worth it for the finished product.

Yesterday Kane and i worked on putting up Halloween decorations outside. We bundled up in our hats and sweaters and went outside for some fun. It was the first day without rain and it turned out beautiful. The wind wasn't as bad either so it was perfect for putting up these bats. I started out with all the littlest ones and worked my way up the biggest variegating them in between.



 The next thing we did was hang some ghosts in the tress. This was a great project for Kane to help me with. I had used 2 double sized white sheets that i had purchased for $2 at the local Sally Anne for moving. Then i simply cut each sheet into 4. Then Kane helped me place the 4inch Styrofoam ball (that we had purchased 2 for $1 at Dollarama) under the sheet and fasten with a piece of twine (which we had also purchased at Dollarama for $1 a roll). We do have only 2 pumpkins but its a start. Both Kane and i love the decorations.




No comments:

Post a Comment