Monday, December 12, 2011

Tree Skirts

This year i wanted to try something different to conceal the bottom of the Christmas tree. But since i purchased a new tree this year the base is sooo large i cant conceal it the way i wanted too. Here is some pics of ideas i would have loved to use for my tree base.

This planter box is made with old tin ceiling tiles, this would be gorgeous in my parents house

I love this wooden pail

a garden urn

a jumbo woven basket

an older style mop bucket on casters, perfect idea for cleaning
 I really wanted to use one of my crocks i have around the house but sadly my tree is too large for my largest crock. Honestly the sky is the limit to finding and alternative base for your tree.
I also found this great tree skirt made from a recycled plaid skirt. What a great way to up cycle something. You could even use other great skirts i think a shimmer sequined one would be amazing.
Well i didn't know what to do this year so i chose to use a big piece of fabric i had purchased to make pillows. It black on black zebra print. I chose this because my tree is decorated in silver, black and chartreuse green. I was gonna use this piece of chartreuse fabric but then i found the black fabric grounded my tree and added a little but of sparkle down below.


Hopefully next year i will make my own tree skirt or get to use a planter style base for my tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment