Monday, December 12, 2011

My Latest Time Consuming Project

A couple weeks ago i was looking to make a tshirt scarf. I have only seen them on the blog world so it was something i wanted to learn more about. Along my search i found braided tshirt scarves and then i found yarn braided scarves which of course i fell in love with. I came across the blog BE PRETTY CHEAP. http://beprettycheap.wordpress.com/2009/12/01/diy-how-to-make-a-braided-yarn-scarf/ and she posted how she made this killer braided scarf which i love but its too chunky for my liking.

Then i came across more scarves on Etsy like this:
Beautifully Braided Variegated yarn. Stunning and its versatile you can wear it more than just one way.
Sooo i combined the two scarves and made my own


 So this is the colour of variegated yarn i choose to use. Its pink, purple and green. I choose to make 3 different sizes of braids. The small is made up of 3 sections of 4. The medium is made up of 3 sections of 6 and the largest is made up of 3 sections of 10. I still did everything the BE PRETTY CHEAP did, except i didn't tie my sections individually. I found when they were sooo long they stuck together anyways. So follow her DIY tutorial like i did but change it the way you want.

I also forgot to mention that i made 2 long braids of each size so i had 6 long braids. I made them long enough that i can triple wrap my scarf for more volume. I think i might just adorn this beauty for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment