Sunday, May 1, 2011

Fat Bottomed Beauty

Last Thursday I hit up the Habitat for Humanity Restore Building to find some treasures. There wasn't much I wanted but I did find this little beauty that spoke to me. I only paid $5 for this great chair. The back sits low and the seat is really wide. Any woman with a wider bum would love this chair. I don't even have a wide bum but I do love this chair and I saw the potential it had.





 So I removed the seat and began to rip off the upholstery. The upholstery that was on it was a hand embroidered piece in very bad shape also the foam was crumbling. Once I got the cover off and saw how beautiful the wood underneath was I had to sand it down and leave it the way it was.




I was debating on staining or painting the chair but in the end decided to paint it black. It matches my dining room chairs except this is lower in the back and wider in the bum. But all the same great shape. I'm not sure were to place this black beauty in the house but wherever I place it, it will be fantastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment