Friday, January 27, 2012

My Newest Treasures

  
(This is the original picture from the ad) I have an account on Facebook and on there i am a member of the Muskoka 24/7 yard sale. It's amazing, its like a non stop yard sale people post everything. I hadn't purchased anything of it until now. I came across this lady selling this dresser which is actually an antique buffet that was her grandmas. Her Grandmother has owned this buffet for 40-30 Years, she recently moved and was parting with some stuff and she was offering $50 for it. At first i didn't think i was going to get this buffet because there were 3 or 4 other people interested in it. But they had all dropped out at the last minute and it was still available. So i asked her if she would take $40 for it, well it worked because now shes safe in my basement waiting for some desired attention. After she had sold it to me there were 2-3 more people still interested in it.
The handles are not the right handles for this piece except maybe one. I plan on Purchasing glass knob drawer pulls for the top 2 smaller drawers and some vintage looking ones for the bottom 2 drawers. The Dimensions of this buffet are 2ft 11 Inches tall, 45 inches long and 22 inches deep

My buffet isn't even fully painted and I'm sure there is really only one coat of white paint on this buffet. I went to home depot last night and purchased a furniture paint and stain stripper. I think i will restore it back to the natural wood with a nice rich stain. There is a part of this right corner missing but i think it adds character and story to this piece.

It even has the key holes and metal lock assembly in the drawers. except the top left smaller drawer is missing its. Both the smaller drawers are missing the little metal key whole covers.

This is a very solid and sturdy piece. It has dove tailed drawers. Its rather heavy when all the drawers are in it.


I cant wait to dive into this project and when shes finished I'm going to put her in front of my dining room window as a beautiful sideboard. Id also like to thank Kim for selling me this great piece and this buffet will be forever in great hands

Today i also hit the Sally Anne for my weekly pick of treasures and here is what i got.

 I got this great frame for $8, which is a little much but i had 3 people stop me on the way out wanting it.
 I bought this weird iron candle holder thing, I liked it, it was $2 and i think it might become a decorative chandelier or something for outside
 I got this amazing silver tea pot for $5, its sooo pretty, but my sister might end up with this.
And i got this teal blue antique mason jar with the lid that clips to a tight close for $1.50, you can never have too many treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment